Archive for July, 2012
Although Autumn/Winter fashion tends to be full of dark colours in comparison to Spring/Summer’s playful and colourful hues, I do love the combination of timeless pieces that takes you through all the seasons together with new trends, and these are my favourites:
1. The little black dress is a much coveted item. French Connection seem to have nailed it, simple yet elegant, their Valentine Viscose Flare Dress can be worn both day and night.
2. The new trend seems to be cutout shoulder jumpers. I’ve seen them popping up on River Island & French Connection’s websites recently. Now I imagine I would have worn this in my teens/early twenties as it has a casual/grungy look to it, but I think those ‘moody’ years are over for me. French Connection’s Miss Atticus cutout jumper looks good as styled on the model.
3. Peplum tops are everywhere and are proving to be a big hit this season. The one I included is by Topshop and their simple black half sleeve peplum top sold out after only a few days online. I think it looks lovely paired with skinny trousers.
4. Floral – despite growing older, I think I’ll always have something floral in my wardrobe even when I’m a granny 🙂 A floral pattern is soo feminine and cheerful, and eventhough I’m not a great fan of the colour green, Topshop’s floral pintuck collar blouse in sage has a distinct vintage look that I find appealing.
5. Lace – we see the Victoriana trend every Autumn/Winter. Probably only practical in early Autumn, slip a vest underneath Topshop’s embroidered blouse and pair with some straight/skinny black trousers for a chic look.
6. Pop of Colour – I like a splash of colour to break up the black coat, tights and shoes I’ll most likely wear for most of the colder months. Boden’s Pimlico Dress in red made from soft viscose, three quarter sleeves, and super sweet pansy print is just gorgeous.
My first purchase for the Autumn season. Love the floral print, three quarter sleeves for the transition from Summer to Autumn, and a striking blue colour. Depending on how long your legs are, this would look nice as a dress with some opaque tights (to avoid over exposure). I might decide to wear this with some skinny jeans, but may get the sewing machine out and slightly alter the length. A great buy and with 10% off 🙂
I admit that normally I wouldn’t be interested in watching Big Brother as I recall from past series that most of the contestants are ignorant, annoying and dumb, but this is the first time that I’ve really gotten into it. The whole social experiment of getting a bunch of people in an enclosed environment and seeing how they get on is intriguing. I have to say there are not many in there that I can tolerate, but Luke A is an exception, finally someone in that house with intelligence and comes across as an absolutely lovely guy, hope he wins 🙂