Unfortunately, I’m not one of those people who can use loads of different products. Very rarely do I try something new, as when I find something that works and does a good job, that’s it for me – I’m very loyal.
In the past I never really needed much moisturiser, but I guess with age, I found that I needed to find a good one that had minimal ingredients as I have sensitive skin. The task to find a good moisturiser for skin sensitive to preservatives was harder than I thought, most brands that are touted as ‘hypoallergenic’ had an ingredient list longer that my arm! However, with a bit of research, I came across a French brand called Avene. Never heard of them before, but apparently it’s a well-known skin care brand amongst dermatologists. What I loved about this cream is that it’s preservative-free (tick for me), fragrance-free, colourant-free, surfactant-free, alcohol-free, emulsifier free – achieved by a unique manufacturing process which removes the need to use preservatives by using a highly technical delivery system that allows the formula to be completely sterile and safe for the entire use of the product. Preservatives are used in the cosmetic industry to prevent bacterial overgrowth but offers no benefits to skin, in fact, they are known to be irritating to skin, so I was pleased to come across this product.
Now on to my thoughts of the effects of Avene’s Tolerance Extreme cream – a lovely thick white creamy consistency with the added benefit of being non-comedogenic, no irritation (hypoallergenic), perfect as a base before applying makeup, and most importantly (the reason why I bought this) is that it makes skin feel soft and hydrated. My only negative is that when you come near to the bottle finishing and you squeeze, it’s hard to control how much comes out (usually far too much!). The plastic packaging is small and is easy to carry around and lasts me just over a month of using twice a day. I buy from Boots for £14.50 – again a brilliant/highly innovative product for anyone who has sensitive skin or just wants a moisturiser which is effectively simple and dispenses with the need of lots of ingredients.
Avene List the benefits of their Tolerance Extreme Cream as:
- Based on the sterile manufacturing process of E.T.S. and the delivery process of D.E.F.I
- Soothing cream protects, moisturizes and nourishes skin that is unable to tolerate ordinary products
- Restores the skin barrier and decreases skin reactivity
- Helps prevent skin irritation and allergies
- Formulated with only 9 ingredients for maximum tolerance
- Fragrance-free, preservative-free, colorant-free, surfactant-free, alcohol-free, emulsifier-free
- 100% sterile, 100% pure, 100% safe
- Avène Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften skin
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic